Thank you for an amazing Inclusion Awareness Week (March 2019).
- Our Teacher of the Deaf delivered workshops to every year group and taught us all how to finger spell.
- We raised over £100 for the Down’s Syndrome Association with our ‘Lots of Socks’ day.
- We raised over £120 for the Makaton Charity with our raffle.
- We welcomed Mike Harris, a senior Makaton Tutor, who delivered workshops and an assembly for all children, staff and Reception parents. See below for a video which shows the Makaton signs taught to the children.
- Thank you to our ‘Makaton Choir’ for showcasing their talents in our Makaton assembly.
- SENCo Contact Details
Mrs Pearce, our Inclusion Manager and SENCo, can be contacted through the school’s main office. If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Pearce.
School Main Office – 0121 526 2669
- SEN Information Report 2018-2019 (including Accessibility Report)
Please find a link to our latest SEN Information Report. If you have any further questions or queries, please contact our SEN team to arrange a meeting or informal chat.
- Local Offer 2018-2019
Please find a link to our latest Local Offer. Further information on our school’s SEN practice can be found in the SEN Information Report.
- Sandwell Inclusion Quality Mark Report
Old Park achieved the highest rating in the Sandwell Inclusion Quality Mark, achieving the ‘enhancing’ award. Thank you to everyone who helped to support this! Please click on the link below to read our final report.
- Well Being Charter Mark Report
Old Park have achieved the highest rating in the Well Being Charter Mark and have achieved the highest grade. We take pride in the work we do in providing support in this area to our children, families and staff. The report highlights this perfectly – please take some time in reading this report.
- SEN Parent Information Booklet
This booklet provides key information about the additional provision we provide Old Park children.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Inclusion Team.
- Parent Support and Complaints Procedure
If you have any queries or concerns regarding your child’s SEN needs or provision, please do not hesitate to contact the school’s SEN team. We can arrange to meet with you and share any concerns you may have, and if needed, support you in accessing external support. Click on the link below for Sandwell’s advice and information regarding SEND.
SENDIASS offer parents support and advice. Please click on the link below for more information or pop in and speak to Mrs Pearce.
- Autism Support for Parents
Please find attached leaflets sharing the support Autism West Midlands and the Sandwell Autism Group can offer families.