We are proud to have achieved the Values Quality Mark in 2018.
“Old Park is a thriving school where VbE clearly underpins their behaviour, curriculum and relationships. All children are well supported to ensure they reach their full potential. Staff are valued and cared for and are totally committed to the school’s VbE philosophy and approach. The holistic development of each and every child is the key to the school’s success and due to this, children make excellent progress across the curriculum. Old Park are forward thinking, open to new suggestions and reflective of their practices. I will be encouraging other Midland schools to visit and witness the excellent practice I have been fortunate enough to observe.”
What is Values Education?
- Main principles that guide you in your thoughts and actions.
- Ethical DNA – as set of instructions hard-wired into your brain that will determine your behaviours without you even realising much of the time.
- Sense of right and wrong, how and how not to behave.
- Values are at the heart of who we are, driving what we do and how we do it!
How Are Values Delivered in our School?
Values Education forms part of our Well-Being Curriculum.
What themes will be covered?
- Protective Behaviours (Healthy Relationships/CSE)
- All About Me
- Resilience and Coping
- Being the Best I Can Be
- My Wider World
What characteristics and British Values are we aiming to develop and instil?
- Courage (acting with bravery in fearful situations)
- Justice (Acting with fairness, honouring rights and responsibilities)
- Honesty (being truthful and sincere)
- Friendliness (exhibiting care, concern and compassion to others)
- Self-discipline (ability to control feelings and behaviours)
- Gratitude (feeling and expressing thanks)
- Confidence (in oneself)
- Forgiveness (action of being forgiven or forgiving others)
- Cooperation (working or acting together)
- Respect (regard to the feelings, wishes and rights of others)
- Perseverance (persistence despite difficulty or delay in achieving success)
- Responsivity (responsive to needs and feelings of others)