What is Values Education?
- Main principles that guide you in your thoughts and actions.
- Ethical DNA – as set of instructions hard-wired into your brain that will determine your behaviours without you even realising much of the time.
- Sense of right and wrong, how and how not to behave.
- Values are at the heart of who we are, driving what we do and how we do it!
How Are Values Delivered in our School?
Values Education forms part of our Well-Being Curriculum.
What themes will be covered?
- Protective Behaviours (Healthy Relationships/CSE)
- All About Me
- Resilience and Coping
- Being the Best I Can Be
- My Wider World
What characteristics and British Values are we aiming to develop and instil?
- Courage (acting with bravery in fearful situations)
- Justice (Acting with fairness, honouring rights and responsibilities)
- Honesty (being truthful and sincere)
- Friendliness (exhibiting care, concern and compassion to others)
- Self-discipline (ability to control feelings and behaviours)
- Gratitude (feeling and expressing thanks)
- Confidence (in oneself)
- Forgiveness (action of being forgiven or forgiving others)
- Cooperation (working or acting together)
- Respect (regard to the feelings, wishes and rights of others)
- Perseverance (persistence despite difficulty or delay in achieving success)
- Responsivity (responsive to needs and feelings of others)