What is Sports Premium?
Beginning in 2013/2014, The Government has been providing funding to schools to improve the quality and breadth of physical education and sports provision. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding including increasing participation in physical education and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Purpose of the Funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving the quality and breadth of provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
- Employing specialist physical education teachers or qualified coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
- Employing a local coach to provide weekly after-school sport on the school site.
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
- Paying for transport, pool hire and instruction to provide additional swimming lessons.
- Paying for cover staff to release teachers for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport.
For more information about PE and Sports premium click here.
School Year 2020/21
School Year 2019/2020
School Year 2018/2019
School Year 2017/2018
School Year 2016/2017
School Year 2015/2016
School Year 2014/2015
School Year 2013/2014