Please join our parent pledge campaign.
I am Considerate!
Please ask at the School Office for a car sticker.
By parking in a legal and considerate manner, congestion will be reduced and safety increased along with enjoying the benefits of easy access to the school and enhancing the relationship of the school with its neighbours.
Problems caused by inconsiderate and/or illegal parking in the vicinity of school during morning drop off and afternoon pick up are a constant cause of complaint by parents and local residents.
Parking illegally or inconsiderately not only causes inconvenience to local residents and undermines the school’s efforts to be a good neighbour but creates road safety issues, including danger to pedestrians crossing roads. To date it is extremely fortunate that no-one has been seriously injured (or worse) as a direct result of such bad parking but the potential for such an occurrence is ever present.
Please consider these issues when parking. This may mean parking a little further away from the school. In all cases please ensure that you obey the following which form rule 243 of the Highway Code:-
DO NOT stop or park:-
- Near a school entrance
- Anywhere you would prevent access for emergency services
- At or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
- Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction except in an authorised parking space
- Near the brow of a hill or hump back bridge
- Opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle.
- Where a kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
- In front of an entrance to a property
- On a bend
- Where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by
- Stationary traffic.
Under no circumstances should vehicles stop or park on the yellow school “keep clear” markings on a pedestrian crossing or where they would interfere with a school crossing patrol.
Regular visits by the Borough Councils ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) equipped vehicles will be enforcing parking offences and penalty charge notices will be issued.
Please note that Old Park Primary School takes the safety of our children very seriously. Any breaching of no park zones will be noted. West Midlands Police also patrol the area frequently in order to enforce the parking restrictions.
Parents bringing children to school by car should park in a safe location convenient for the use of either of these entrances described above, but well away from the car park, school entrance or in the area of zig zag or double yellow lines.
Parents should not drive onto either car park to drop children off.
All no parking zones should be complied with.